Plant A Tree and Help The Environment
Plant A Tree and Help The Environment : Save Trees” is not just a slogan to speak or to listen, it is, a persona, which should be followed by all, so as to save ourselves and our upcoming generation. Hence, Haryali is being founded to create a good ambiance and it is also a great opportunity for people, who have always wanted to be “a part of a healthy environment.”
Trees represent life on this vast earth. They should be protected at any cost in this era of urbanization & industrialization and global warming.
In Today’s Modern World when everybody is after one another, only these Trees are there who live for the benefit of others. There is not a single part of tree which is not useful, with their beautiful foliage, fragrant flowers, cool shade, roots, bark, wood, sprouts and fruits they serve. Nobody returns without benefiting who approaches the tree.
The importance of Trees in purifying the air, as natural resources, maintaining the ecological balance, preventing soil erosion, as medicines, habitats for faunal species, providing nutrients to the soil etc. is well known Clearly, Trees are an important asset, and as with any asset, it is advantageous to ensure that it continues to appreciate.
The following way we can save trees and our environment.
1. Make some efforts of your own or join our organization to plant or save Trees.
2. Volunteer your time to conservation projects.
3. Encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to save resources too.
4. Learn about conservation issues in your community or state. Write your legislators and let them know where you stand on the issues.
5. Teach children to respect nature and the environment. Take them on hikes or camping. Help them plant a tree
Trees remove 100 to 120 billion tons of carbon each year from man-made sources like (cars, trains, planes, etc). They moderate climate, improve air quality, conserve water and also harbor wildlife, trees cut down energy costs- air conditioning and heating costs are lower in shaded areas. The less energy used by consumers the less CO2 emissions in the atmosphere. According to DeRosa’s article, one tree cut down can produce 173 reams of paper. A total of 7 million reams of paper is equivalent to 12 pounds of CO2 being released into the atmosphere.
Many people forget is that not only is cutting a tree down harmful to the environment but the process by which it goes through to become paper is harmful as well. All 12 steps of the process- from logs to chips to pulp to paper- all emits heavy levels of CO2 into the air by using large amounts of electricity and chemicals. (6.5 pounds of CO2 emitted per ream during the industrial process). It’s evident that the pulp and paper industry is very harmful to the environment.
Each ream of paper not printed due to Green PDFs equals 18.5 pounds less of CO2 in the atmosphere. In America right now, 173 reams of paper are used every five seconds.
THAT’S ONE TREE USED EVERY FIVE SECONDS!
DeRosa explains that “if all 700 million Adobe Readers users decided not to print an article ten pages long each year, there would be 3 environmental effects:
1) less waste due to 14 million reams of copy not used
2) 80,000 trees wouldn’t be cut down annually
3) 118,000 less tons of CO2 in atmosphere.”
This is what you can do to help:
1) Use both sides of paper: don’t buy new notebooks for classes or work until the first ones are used up!
2) Read articles by way of Green PDFs: don’t print articles you don’t need, save them and refer back when you need to.
3) Encourage: your company, friends, and family to make important documents into Green PDFs
4) Save paper at every chance: reuse newspaper, magazines, wrapping paper, etc.
5) Use the internet to your advantage: send Evites, Ecards, and Emails. Download map, directions, and recipes right to your cell phone (that’s what you’re paying for!)